Sunday, July 11, 2010

Clark Planetarium & Middle Fork Wheeler Creek

This summer has been a ball.  I've seen so many new places, especially for the hikes, that I've never seen before, even growing up here! I know it sounds like we're doing a lot, but a few hours twice a week has been very managable--SO much easier than the daily school grind, right?

Last week I forgot to post a reminder that we were out of town, but this week we have some fun things.

Tuesday, July 13: Clark Planetarium: We're going to get there at 11, look around, go to the noon showing of Hubble 3D, and then take a picnic lunch to the lawn of the Capitol Building. 

Thursday, July 15: Middle Fork Wheeler Creek (1.2 mi, 527 ft. elevation change).  This is a 30-minute drive, but it is totally worth it.  It is 1.2 miles one-way with two entrances, so I am hoping to get someone to go with us on this one so we can park a car at the other end and haul everyone back to the start, circus-clown style. If not, we'll do half and backtrack.  Go up the 89 like you're going to Kaysville, then go East up the canyon on 84 up toward Morgan, get on the 167 then left on the 226 toward Snow Basin, look for the Green Pond Trailhead.  We're going to leave Bountiful at 9:15 and take a picnic for an early lunch.

Let me know if you'd like to join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment