Sunday, June 13, 2010

Wheeler Farm and a Kaysville Hike

Well, the first week was a great start to the summer, despite the constant threat of rain.  Dinosaur Park was gorgeous and fun as always and Ensign peak was magnificent (as well as a rude awakening back into hiking for some of the kids).  I decided I may need to scale back on some of the future hikes to accommodate both little and big hikers.  This week we'll be doing:
 
Tuesday, June 15: Wheeler Farm.  We'll wander around the old time farminess and maybe take a hay ride.  We're going to aim to be at the entrance at 10:30. My understanding is this is a low-key place but I and my kids have never been there so I thought we'd check it out.

Thursday, June 17: Hike Kaysville East Mountain Wilderness (1.16 miles, 141 ft elevation change).  This one is supposed to have great views and be good for kids.  Much more modest elevation change than last week.  Directions:
From Hwy 89 in Kaysville turn East on 200 North then turn Left (North). Follow the road around as it turns to the east for about a third of a mile you will see a large sign at the parking area Kaysville East Mountain Wilderness Park.  We're going to be in the parking lot at 10 a.m.
 
As always, let me know if you plan to join us if you want us to look out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment